At LCPS, we recognise the value of PE for all children and have designed a curriculum that enables them to engage in a range of physical activities, developing a range of skills and healthy life-long habits.
We believe that PE should:
- develop pupils' confidence to excel in a range of physical activities
- allow children to experience positive competitions
- help develop and maintain high levels of fitness
- raise awareness of a healthy and active lifestyle
- develop communication, social and leadership skills working within teams
- create reflective learners who review and improve their performance
- promote self-discipline as children strive for better performance
- equip children to swim at least 25m and remain safe in and around water
We make effective use of the PE & Sports Premium to enrich our provision and provide children with a range of activities and specialised coaching. Details can be found here.